Obviously, good ideas such as a ‘ X number of random facts about me’ blog only occur half way through the year, so I’ve decided to list 34point5 random facts about me because … well that’s my age (argh!!!) So here goes….jeez I hope I have 34 let alone .5 facts!
- I’m tall…I’m not exaggerating I’m 5ft11 – high street fashion is yet to discover my species and make decent clothes I can try on in store
- My family is Punjabi, as in Punjab, India – Google Map it it’s a real place (pic of me looking my most Punjabi self)
- I work as a full times Sales Manager (as of writing this post) by day for a software company (I’ve since handed in my notice and will be working for DesiBlitz in August!)
- I had an arranged marriage at 23 (ewwww I look gross!!!)
- I am now divorced (divorce cupcakes from 2011 for my Divorce Party, I should’ve trade marked the idea I swear I came up with it first!)
- I have social anxiety but I’ve been told I’m good at hiding it!
- I’m bilingual speak Punjabi, understand Hindi (that counts as two languages okay)
- I massively love Bollywood – specifically SRK (look at that face, from my favourite movie Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge)
- I’m weirdly obsessed with Diljit Dosanjh
- I’m the eldest of three – I have a younger sister and brother (and yes currently the only one left on the shelf!)
- I was the last of out of the three of us to graduate (in 2015 at age 32)
- I have a degree in Business Studies (I actually got a 2:2 and was made to feel bad about it at the time, it no longer matters to me, matters I achieved a full degree over 4 years with a full time job)
- I’m a chronic over thinker
- I struggle to keep on top of my body hair!! I’m 5ft11 gimme a break!!
- I’m the world’s biggest procrastinator (so you can imagine how hard this blogging thing is…no incentive such as money!!!!)
- I’m vegetarian – but I don’t like all vegetables (I’m a vegetable racist)
- I believe in God – so be nice to me or He’ll smite you (it’s obviously Zeus! The Disney version)
- I had no real friends until I was 23
- I have 23 first cousins (had to make a list to ensure I counted this properly)
- I have been to 16 countries to date (and counting!)
- I’ve never wanted to go to Glastonbury (the picture from the festival below sums up my worst nightmare!!)
- I’ve never had a burning desire to live in London
- I currently live in Scunthorpe – a northern town nobody knows (unless you’ve heard the audio tour at the Statue of Liberty!)
- I (currently) live with my parents
- I can’t do smoky eye makeup – I just look like I’ve been punched in both eyes (p.s. I love Tyra Banks but the below pic just sums me up!)
- I wear red lipstick daily, because why not
- I have size 8 feet
- I haven’t done an official count but I have around 50-60 pairs of shoes and wear AT most only 3 of them … EVER
- I have only ever dated 2 men
- I can’t swim or float – I’m like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory my bottom sinks
- In my head I think I look like Deepika Padukone – I have mirrors at home … they tell me I don’t, not even close (same right!?!)
- I can type 100 words a minute
- My hair is naturally wavy/curly/frizzy – Jennifer Aniston made it a trend to have perfectly straight hair in the 90s so I used to iron mine straight (I wish this hadn’t been a trend, straightening my hair is the bane of my life!!)
- I think I’m the most hilarious person I know – also I have this self-confidence that I’m really hot (some may call this arrogant, but why should I feel bad about loving who I am!? (34.5 I start things then never f…)
Omg, this seemed like such a good idea in my head until I had to think of random facts about myself. They are in no logical order and I regret relating it to my age as the more numbers went along the more I was reminded how old I am!!! Good job I’m not 50, I’d never have got to the end of the list!!!!
NB…Hope you enjoyed the blog and got to know me a little, well more than you do already having read all my other blogs, obviously!
Have a good day xo